Friday 10 August 2012

Tests using a bio-electrical analyzer

I shall share the new diet with you tomorrow. Today I wanted to share with you what I'd done a few weeks ago in the search for answers.

I went and got a test done at Food Intolerance Testing UK I had been toying with the idea of going private for a long while but it costs hundreds of pounds and so I've never got around to it.

Well one day on Wowcher there was an offer for a test for £45 instead of the hundreds so I signed up straight away.

I went up there and the lady did the tests using a bio-electrical analyzer. I have to admit that whilst watching ehr do it I did get a bit sceptical. She kept fiddling with a dial that said "Sensitivity". I had noticed that she got a result when she'd fiddled with it. I asked her what it was for and she said it was due to my skin. Now logic tells me that once you've set it for the sensitivity of my skin then it shouldn't need fiddling with again?

Well the end results left me with intolerances to the following foods:

  • Eggs
  • Yoghurt
  • Pears
  • Coffee
  • Almonds
  • Hazelnuts
  • Peppers
  • Swede
  • Parsnip
  • Turnip
  • Potatoes
  • MSG
  • several food colourings (I shall have to look the E numbers back up again)
  • Tomatoes
  • Chicken
  • Lamb
  • ...and the list went on
So, I head off home quite pleased because a lot of the foods I had worked out already. I then spent the next 10 days avoiding all of the above. Oh my God did it make eating difficult!

Within 10 days I'd lost half a stone. This was due to just not enjoying my food so I just wasn't eating. Now believe me...I LOVE my food!

It was after these 10 days that I then saw Kristian. He explained about why certain foods came up but even though he is open minded I get the impression he is quite sceptical about them as I am.

For example...okay with milk and cheese but not yoghurt?

Anyway, she did say the results are only 80% correct so that leaves a lot of possibilities for error.

After seeing Kristian and settling on the 13th August as being my start date I am now thoroughly enjoying ALL foods until then. After all...it will be a long time before I eat some of them!

More info coming soon. Please bear with me as its my birthday weekend and I may not get around to posting......

No comments:

Post a Comment