Sunday 9 November 2014

Random Tip To Stop An Eczema Itch

I want to share a funny story with you (well, funny to me at least). My Mum phoned the other day and was telling me about an article she had read about distracting the body from pain and also a bit about helping itch scratch cycle with eczema.

That night my hubby had a moan "What on earth are you doing??" as the bed rocked rhythmically. No doubt he was thinking the wrong thing what with him being a man and all that. I said "A tip Mum gave me to stop me itching". "But what ARE you doing??" replied my hubby again. (I can still imagine what he was imagining!). "Sticking my finger in my ear and wiggling it" I explained.

Well, this tip didn't work and eventually I had to stop so my hubby could sleep.

The next day I confronted my Mum on the phone and told her that her tip was nonsense. She replied, "The wriggling in your ear is to distract the brain when you stub your toe! To stop the itch/scratch cycle you are supposed to rub a stone in your hand!". Oops. No wonder it didn't work. lol

Well, I now have tried the correct tip and I must admit, it is quite useful. Further research has suggested that the stone should be rose quartz. Crystal Well-Being discusses it in this article.

Worth a try in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment