Friday 7 June 2013

8 Ways To Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups

I just wanted to share this article that was mentioned to me today. Some of the stuff in there is very interesting and it goes along with my theory about doing a juice detox to get a head start on my eczema.

8 Ways To Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups

Joe Cross is an extremely motivating and inspiring man. He did a documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. If you can get to view this I HIGHLY recommend it as I found it very inspiring and motivating.

The following article is also an interesting read.

Natural Remedies For Common Skin Disorders

Due to all my research into eczema, some of it isn't new news but I hadn't heard the following before:

Replace inflammatory saturated fats: Replace foods such as meat products and dairy with the anti-inflammatory unsaturated fats such as those from deep sea fish, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and all seeds particularly flaxseed, chia and hemp seeds. Increasing consumption of these foods will also increase selenium, vitamin D, zinc and other helpful nutrients for good skin health.

I'm intrigued about the meat being "inflammatory". I do eat a lot of meat but mainly white meat. I've read that chicken can irritate but never why.

I've also learned that people with eczema (and even without!) should avoid processed meats like ham, bacon etc.

The other thing that I've been made aware of with regards to meat is that the meat bought in the supermarket off of the chiller is treated with something. I'm sorry that I can't remember what (sodium something?). It's a chemical for preservation. Also they add chemicals to keep it looking pink . I was told this by the man serving me on the delicatessen! I only found this out because I was asking him if their meat had MSG in it. See my previous blog post about MSG.

So, there you go, something else for you to read. See you next time. :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment